Monday, December 7, 2015

juggling

Back when I was in my university freshmen English class, my teacher encouraged us to all learn to juggle.  He told us that he knew it sounded crazy, but he promised that one day it would be super beneficial in some way.  
I didn´t follow his advice.  I thought it was weird- and I spent my free time not learning how to juggle.

This week my mission president made me attempt to juggle in front of everyone- and it was super embarrassing because I didn´t have the slightest clue how!

It really made me think back on my English class, and how sometimes the things that sound crazy- are actually worth doing.

I thinks that´s how it is for a lot of our investigators.  They probably think that we are absolutely insane.  Two foreigners telling them that thier salvation depends on reading a book, getting baptized in our little green kiddie pool, and saving up and preparing to make the 10 hour trip to a temple. 

I´m glad I was born in the church.

This week was fun because in our street contacts we´ve been able to talk about the second coming because there was fairly big earthquake with aftershock, a hailstorm, and lots of weird changes in the weather.  It really makes the people think!

This week we had to go to a bunch of training's- so we didn´t have to much time to work in our area.  But the little time that we did have-it was under 100 degrees and we worked our butts off.  Satan creatively tried to stop us.  A dog peed on me.  And I feel in some mud running into an appointment in the dark- but we were so freaking blessed and it was amazing because nothing else matters.  

I love my mission.

On Sunday we took a 45 minute bus ride with the branch to our district conference in my previous area- Oran.  I´ve never been hugged and kissed so much in my life.  

WE NOW HAVE A BRANCH PRESIDENT.  But he´s the only active Melchizedek priesthood holder, but he´s really excited to help us activate and find more.

I don´t know if I´ll be able to skype- it might just be a phone call.  The internet where I am right now isn´t capable to support video chat. But I´ll let you know more later! 

And, we spent P-day out of our area!  So, here´s some photos from this week!


 I love you, I love you, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment