Monday, November 10, 2014

Querida Familia

Moochies sounds so good right now.  Were hittin´ it up when I get back.  I´ve actually planned out my first day back January 27,2016- I´m going to sleep ALL day.  And then you need to clear your calendar for the 28th because we are going to a movie, getting pedicures, and eating Chinese food.

The rat is out and about still (we think).  The other night I was about to kneel and pray when I thought I saw the rat at the side of my bed, so I freaked out and my companion came rushing to my side! Luckily, turns out it wasn't the rat. Just the BIGGEST cockroach I have seen in my entire life.  

We had the primary program the other Sunday, and it was one of the cutest things I´ve seen in my entire life!  The Church here is really chill, and 1/3 of the people come in regular clothes BUT- All the little children had foam ties, or foam flowers in their hair.  There are about 20 kids in the primary, and almost every one gave a little  talk  which they all opened very formally ("Good afternoon dear brothers and sisters, today I´m going to talk about the miracle of .....")  Their little voices were SOOO cute.  It was like they were pretending to be grown-ups.  

Remember my investigator who reminds me of Nicole?  We made him a mixed CD of church music.  He loved it.

The most satisfying thing of my life so far has been working with inactive members.  Or, now formally inactive!  There are 2 youths in the ward that have pulled Alma the youngers, and are now preparing to go on missions.  They went from not being able to take to sacrament, to blessing it the past few weeks!!!! One of them is working on being worthy to baptize his little sister who has been waiting 4 years to get permission.  The other I´ve been pestering to get his patriartical blessing- because he´s always worried about his future wife, and job, and all the stuff he is gonna do in the future.  He told me he wouldn´t get his blessing because he knew it would tell him to serve a mission!  This Sunday he surprised us and showed us his reccomend to recive his blessing this upcoming Sunday!  I was a little over excited, and he asked me to hold onto his reccomend until the big day.

They are so funny, and we have them pretty whipped.  When they forget their prayers, reading, or aren´t reverent during our lessons they feel guilty.  One of them has brought us chocolate a few times to apoligize.  

I´m SO grateful for all of the people I´ve met here.  I didn´t think I could have or recieve so much love from people who were strangers just a little bit ago.  The love of Christ unifies and amplifies EVERYTHING!

I love you all too- and can´t wait to see you all again!!!

- Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment