Monday, May 18, 2015

My Birthday

I GOT TRANSFERRED!!! To Oran!! It´s basically touching Bolivia. It´s not a big city, and I have dirt roads again I´m soooooo happy and excited.  I had to take a 5 hour bus ride and it and we had to go really slow in certain parts where the road was bad.    My new companion is Hermana Saenz from Equador.  She´s 25 and is an English teacher. She´s super funny and great.

My birthday was awesome!!!!  I got 2 cakes (one from my companion and one from the investigator that I wrote about the last time), and cupcakes, and a present- it pretty much rocked except I had to leave my area and my cakes. :( So now I can´t continue to eat them for breakfast.

I almost forgot, I saw (via satellite) my first temple dedication this week!! It was so beautiful.  Elder Cristofferson (who served his mission here and can speak Spanish well) and Elder Uchtdorf (who... can´t) It was so cool to be able to hear the dedicatory prayer in English and Spanish and feel the spirit in the both languages.  

Everyone here is so happy because now there is a temple 10 hours from here  instead of 22.  I never realized how big of a blessing temples were.

And the cultural event was BEAUTIFUL.  I want to learn how to do traditional dance.
We got the best ice cream I´ve had in my entire life last P-Day
My candle was a firework.
We went to an art museum and I thought I was funny, and the security guard too.  He followed us around the whole time and tried not to laugh. And probably because he thought we were gonna ruin the art or something like that.






 With one of my favorite members






No comments:

Post a Comment