Monday, May 4, 2015

I´M MORE THAN HALF WAY DONE WITH MY MISSION. :( :( :( :( :(


This week was super fun!  We had a ward activity and we ate a ton of asado (which freaked me out to see so much raw flesh and cut bones..)!  We played volleyball and basketball with every one, even though it was really hard in a dress. And, we played a shooting game and I totally schooled everyone and won!  And my companion accidentally hit one of the President´s kids in the head with a basketball.... That wasn´t exactly the best but it was pretty funny.

There is a little store (it´s the front room of a house) in front of our house that we always buy things from.  The owner also sells food, and she´s pretty good friends with us so when we passed by the other day she asked us if we wanted to try locro.  Salta is famous for its locro.  It´s probably one of the weirdest things I´ve ever eaten but it was SOOOO good.  It´s like a stew, that is made in a pot that I could easily fit inside.  Almost bigger than the stove itself, and it literally has everything.  Everything.  I ate a bowl full of squashes, corn, herbs, pig tongue, cow intestines, chicken and beef on the bone, salami, potatoes, cheese, EVERYTHING.  It was so good.  I didn´t even care that the I ate parts of animals I never would have eaten before.  Even though they looks weird, they didn´t taste weird.  

This was actually one of the hardest weeks in my mission so far.  But, we had a SUPER less active member come to church!  And, we had investigators come to the family home evening we teach every week, and the ward activity.  And I´m participating in a special (and really small- there is about 15 of us) choir because we are going to be having Elder Viñas from the 70 visiting us! I´m super excited!!!  

I´m really excited to get to talk to you guys this week.  I´m practicing my English with my companion during language studies.  (Last week I has an awkward encounter with some tourists from Colorado and couldn´t speak super well)

I love you all!

Hermana Shumway   

No comments:

Post a Comment