Thursday, September 4, 2014

Almost out!!!!!! Week 5

I leave on Monday- I have 3 days left!!!!!!  I can't believe how fast it has gone, how many wonderful friends I have made, and how much closer I have grown to the Savior.

I was so happy when I read Derek letter that I cried.  It was so cute, I let everyone read it.  Someone needs to teach that kid what a comma is though!

Last Thursday, instead of doing and endowment session like we normally do- my district did proxy sealings.  It was AMAZING.  The room was so beautiful, and the spirit was strong, and most of the boy names were French and the sealer had a fabulous accent.  It was so relaxing as compared to an endowment session- and I really had a lot of time to just think and feel God's love.  I sure am happy a lot, but that day was something else!

At the MTC, they don't actually assign a full schedule of speakers for the sacrament- so every missionary is supposed to prepare a talk in Spanish abut this weeks topic. After they pass out the sacrament they announce who will be speaking- and it's a surprise to everyone, including the speaker!  Guess who gave a fabulous talk on having faith in the Lord Jesus Christ this Sunday?  When I bore my testimony at the end I said "Jesus es mi luz)  which was really fun to say because it rhymes and is a Hymn title.  Everyone laughed.  Missionary humor.

My whole district sang I Stand All Amazed (Asombroso Me Da) in Spanish for the musical number, so the congregation had the pleasure of seeing a lot of me!

I think I sent you the a picture last week of me, my companion, and our investigator.  He is the best!  We were teaching him the other day and were asking him about what he knew about Adam and Eve.  He told us that they lived in the Garden of Eden which is located in Yellow Stone.  He's a good time!  The spirit is always so strong when we teach him.  He teaches us a lot more then we teach him.  He has such a strong Chilean accent, but he always ends his sentences with an English "Jew know?" 

Every Tuesday we have to wake up earlier than the already early 6:30 and clean classrooms.  Me and Hermana Hererra came across one of the biggest spiders I have seen in my entire life.  It was terrifying!  So naturally we sprayed it with our cleaning chemicals to try to kill it.  The second we sprayed it, it went ham and jumped off the wall in our direction!  We screamed so loud! I like to joke with all the Elders that it will pull a reverse spiderman and turn into manspider and  try to get it's revenge on us.

One thing all the Elders do that they think is really funny (even though it's not) is to throw the ball over the fence during gym time.  In order to get the ball back, the poor Elder retrieving it has to walk down a whole block to use the crosswalk, because missionaries have to follow all laws.  He then walks a block down to get the ball, back up a block to the cross walk, then down a block to the field.  It's pretty mean!  

My next email will be from Argentina!  I love you, can't wait to call you on Monday!

Con todo el amor en mi corazon, 
    Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment