Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 2

 
While tracting down a dirt road, I kicked a stray soccer ball down back to some kids.  So basically every missionary fantasy I've ever had.

Thank you for the prayers and words of encouragement!  

I do take vitamins everyday, and I haven´t lost too much weight.  I´m positive I´ll gain it back.  I always eat what the members feed me.  We don´t do dinner so we eat a HUGE meal around 1 and then proselyte for the rest of the day.  With some families the meal is like an infomercial.  Here´s more delicous food than you could ever eat in your entire life.  And when you think it´s almost over- BUT WAIT, there´s more!!!  The food is really good.  There is a big italian influence, so we eat pasta a ton.  Empanadas all the time.  There is also a german influence, so we eat snitzel (not sure the name here), and chorizo (which is like a brautwurst).  Everything i´ve tried has been really good, but there´s not a ton of variety.  

Food  prices are a little funny.  They have 2 kinds of chips.  Original lays, or carne asada lays.  40 pesos for a bag.  For 30 pesos you can get a huge bag a strawberries + a few apples + a few pears + a few oranges.  For 5 -20 pesos you can buy a candy bar.  A whole loaf of bread is 4 pesos.   

They don't drink a ton of water here.  We drink so much soda with all the members and investigators.  The soda here is really good, the carbonation is a lot smaller and it´s really smooth.  They have 5 flavors.  Coke, Pomelo (squirt), orange, apple, sprite.

They put Dulce de Leche on EVERYTHING.  It´s basically just caramel.  I like a little in my oatmeal or with an apple in the morning.

I accidentally broke the missionary rules here and kissed a man.  Well, a very convincing tranny.  He asked what we people thought of people like him/her.  I decided not to say that I watch RuPaul all the time, and went with we are all children of God instead.  Here when you contact on the street- you say hello, you kiss on the cheeks.  Then, even if they don´t want to hear more they kiss you again after you´ve said goodbye.  I've kissed more girls than Dallen.  Ha ha!

LOVE YOU!
- Hermana Shumway
 
 
 
 
 Courtney and her companion Hermana Lopez of Honduras, Courtney is 5 foot 3 inches  her companion is tiny.

  Service project with the ward. (She didn't say what they did)

The outside of her apartment
 
 the side yard of her Apartment
 
The apartment that she lives in.
 
Her laundry in Argentina(I wonder if it is still her favorite day?)
 
 The neighbors house and their laundry.
 
Typical street in Jujuy, Perico.

No comments:

Post a Comment