Monday, October 20, 2014

First transfer

This was a Crazy week.  Courtney ended up sending a few little emails to answer some questions we asked.  

Derek, 
Thank you for your letter!  I LOVE YOU!  It made me so happy.  All the skinny little boys playing soccer in the streets remind me of you!  I´m gonna bring you an argentine jersey.  Literally every one here has one.  Some kids it´s all they wear!!  About your grades- WOW!! Keep it up.  You are gunna make grandma poor. The kids in elementary school here have to wear white lab coat to school.  How wierd is that?? LOVE YOU!!!!!! You need to take my place and start drinking more milk.

The others, 
Sorry to hear about Marissa, but glad the problem was found! (Marissa had surgery Monday. She has been having trouble for about a month with pain on her right side.  Sunday night it got so bad we ended up in the ER. They found three cysts on her right overy.  They took them out and she will be on bed rest for the rest of the week.  She is not expected to have any more complications because of these cysts,)

We get 1500 pesos a month. Which is lucky.  The week I got here the rate was increased, it used to be 1200. We dont pay the rent, and I dont know how much it is.  We use this money for our food, necessities, things for our investigatores, cleaning supplies, and travel to conferences and far places in our area. We also pay our gas and light bill, but the church reimburses that- and it´s slow. Sometimes things are tight, but it´s the same for everyone else and the only time I´ve been hungry was fast sunday!

I got your Dear Elders from the day I left, when you joined the email group, and your study habits.  I did not get the one from Nicole yet.  I also recieved 2 from Grandma and Grandpa Shumway dated September 3 and September 13.  (So, yes Grandpa.  I did recieve your ´´life-changing epistle´´ Which I will respond to them next week when I have time)  Grandpa was very specific and insistent on the topic of marrige.  Including my future spouse and his "first Book of Mormon name"  And, I think Grandpa is psychic!!!  A quote from his corespondence "I have a secret message for you and you don´t even need to tell your companion unless she loves you and cooks you splendid frijoles for breakfast."  I don{t know how he knew this, but MY COMPANION DOES COOK ME FRIJOLES FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!!  In Honduras they eat baleadas for breakfast all the time, and it´s super delicous! (its just beans and cheese in a tortilla) Her family owned a resturant so the frijoles are super splendid.  When I told all the other Hermanas we died of laughter!!! (Her homeade tortillas are the best thing in the entire world- I will make them for you when we I get back!)

Pictures next week.  My computer today is bad.

I{m happy, LOVE YOU ALL:

Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment