Monday, October 6, 2014

Hola

I got to watch the morning sessions of conference in spanish in the chapel with members and our investigators, and the afternoon sessions in english on our ward mission leaders computer at his house.  There is nothing more sad than seeing the face of President Thomas S. Monson, or Uchdorf and not hearing their voice!!!  Hearing an interpreter speak over them really wasn´t the same.  The conference was AMAZING!!! atleast the parts I fully understood.  The talk by Jörg Klebignat literally pierced my soul.  I audibly had to say "aye" grab my chest a few times.  So powerful.  And I personally want to high five Elder Bednar for his talk.  One of my investigators there really needed to hear his message.

This week has been one of the hardest, best weeks of my life. I´ve felt the love a Christ so strong, done things I didn´t think I could, and seen some of the ugliest dogs in my life!!!  That thing that happens in Disney movies where the main character befriends a stray animal?  Highly unlikely.  Our nations youth shouldn´t be viewing such dangerous material.

The beginning of the week was hard because I was sick, and it was SO hot.  I already have funny tan lines!  The Lord really helped me and I was able to work everyday.  

I found out this week that Jujuy (the providence I´m in- which is like a state)  is the poorest providence in all of Argentina.  There are areas in Argentina that are worse off, but as a whole Jujuy doen´t have a lot of money.  It´s such a blessing.  The people here are SO humble and ready to hear the Gospel.  There isn´t enough time in the day for all of our work.  The parts of our area that that are a little better off are harder to work in too!

I´m more friendly too!  I kiss everybody.  Church takes 30 minutes to leave because I have to kiss everyone in the building!

Trackting is talking to every one in the street.  while rushing from appointment to appointment.  There is never enough time to see everyone.  And when our investigators aren´t home, we just go to random houses or contact our references.  Most of the time we clap in front of houses.  I´m really good at it. When there is actually a door we knock.  In one neighborhood most of the houses have doorbellls.

 Please have everyone write to me via  Dear Elder.  Email is always SUPER overwhelming because I have only an hour to read then for my report to the president, family, and friends.  I email at an internet cafe, there are tons here because a lot of people don´t have internet or computers.

 LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Hermana Shumway
There are all these BEAUTIFUL flowering trees down here!!

 my ugly bug bites!  I promise i don´t scratch them!!
 At the flea market I found a banana tee!!!!!  It felt like home in my hands.
Looks like Courtney is still licking people.  Her companion doesn't look too happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment