Monday, December 1, 2014

Fried green bananas NOT Argentina style

I got your package this week!!!!!! Thank you.  One of the Kit-Kats was missing though....
Courtney was able to read her blog and she wanted me to correct the title.  Fried green Bananas are not 
Argentinian.  The people of Argentina made fun of them as they cut down and took the bananas home.


I completed my training, and we had transfers!!  My new companion es la Hermana Platino de Peru.  Muy capa.  Cocinar REEEErico.

The biggest thing I´ve learned in my mission so far is humility.  It was so hard in the begining of my mission- especially with the language.  I feel like I´m pretty eloquent in my native tounge- but in Spanish I spoke worse than most toddlers.  I would get so frustrated all the time- and because I couldn´t speak, sometimes I felt like people thought because I didn´t know the language, that I didn´t know anything!!- and they would explain things to me like I was 2.  I felt like Nacho Libre "People don´t think I know a crap load about the gospel- but I dOOOO."  The other 3 Hermanas in the apartment are 22, 21, or almost 23- so at 19 I was the baby.  There is nothing harder than not being able to express yourself, your ideas, or what you were trying to say.  I would get mad when people in the streets would yell at me in english, and ask me to translate for them.
  I did a lot of learning and soul searching. I still have a lot of spanish to learn- but I´m at peace now.  

No time today.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

 We found a banana tree outside the bishops house
 Pulled them down
Took them home and fried them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment