Monday, January 26, 2015

1/3 done

Wow.  1/3 of the way done with my mission.  

I forgot you asked if I washed things the same- here we have a better open top washing machine (better meaning it actually washes!)  And we have a contraption that almost completely dries the clothes.  It spins the clothes super fast and the water shoots out of the bottom!  Then then only need to hang dry a little bit.  I´m gunna miss having all of my clothes be hand wash only.

This has been miracle week.  God is pulling on Oprah´s favorite things!  Our area is really hard- the people are so stubborn.  In our ward, we had two baptisms last year, and the standard for the mission is 2 baptisms a month!  My companion works harder than anybody I´ve ever known.  And I´m learning so much from her and the area.  We had a baptism this week, and we´ve found so many people ready for the gospel this week- it´s crazy!  

One of our investigators that we´ve been teaching for 3 weeks is changing her life.  She went to church with us last week, and when we visited her on Saturday, she told us all the great things that happened this week- and how she was just happier all around, and how she KNEW it was because she went to church with us.  She said she has never felt so comfortable in a church, and she wants to bring her daughter!!  She´s reading the manual for sunday school to be ready for next week.  When I asked her about her faith in Christ- she started crying as she testified who He was in her life.  She smokes, and when we started to talk about the word of wisdom she gasped and was told us that just yesterday she thought that she needed to quit, because God doesn´t like it.  Even though she works late, she went to our baptism at 8 in the morning (EXTREMELY early for an Argentine) and said that she would be next.  THE GOSPEL IS AMAZING!!!

Our baptism is Victor an abuelito de 72 years.  He´s a traveling anthropologist, cultural professor or something.  CRAZY smart.  Grandpa Dale would love him!  He´s been to practically every counrty in the Americas researching and working in excavicions.  He teaches quiphu.  A language that uses blocks of color.  The ancient inhabitants of the Americas used this to write aroung the same times as the Lamanites.  In the photo of Christ visiting the Americas, therĂ©´s a woman with quiphu on her dress.  He has photos of ruins that look the same as church paintings of the lamanites.  (BUT; he knows the Book of Mormon is true by the holy ghost- he just likes the proof)  His jokes are exactly like Grandpa Dales. They kill me.  Right know he´s in Paraguay for 3 weeks.  

I´ve never felt so loved and blessed by our Heavenly Father.The best way to receive blessings, is to obey the commandment exactly. Go to church and take the sacrament.  Read the scriptures.  Pray, pray, pray. Tithing and word of wisdom.  The more our faith stretches to fulfill the will of our Father, the more he will bless us!  I love you guys, and I know everything will work out.  I´m praying and trying hard to serve my best. 

- Hermana Shumway



If you can´t it´s perfectly fine, but can you put a little bit of money in my account?   I used my personal funds for living expenses when my old companion didn´t have anything. the district leaders lost her reimbursements wich were half of her monthly allowance.



                                   Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment