Monday, January 19, 2015

3 Cerritos!!

I feel like I´m in a completely different country from my 1st area!!! Its like i´m back in the United States, except 100x prettier!  Our apartment is actually a guest house behind someones extremely big and nice house. Our area has a lot of mansions.  Everyday we have to go through their house to get to our house behind.  They aren't members, but they are the nicest people on the planet.  And, their couches and chairs in the front room are leopard print! I have yet to tell them that it´s my spirit print.

It's soo much harder in this area (and I have to start wearing makeup again), but I´m learning so much- especially with things I was struggling with before.  The lord knows what he is doing with his revelation!  The ward here is a lot smaller (50 or so actives), and I had to give a talk, teach gospel principles, and teach the family home evening lesson Sunday night.  In this week alone I`m making leaps and bounds in the language- and FINALLY using the subjunctive tense.

For p-day today we went to the Teleferico which is like a ski lift up a mountain, and hiked down.  IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL.  I feel like Grandma and Grandpa.  The only 2 times I´ve done something fun for p-day has been hiking.  And I eat fruit everyday for breakfast, and talk about the church with strangers all day.  We went with the elders in our zone. But they left the trail and got lost.  They called us and were really stressed out, and all we did was make references to Lehi´s Vision.  They didn´t like that very much.  Its been 2 hours, I hope they found their way back!

Then, we went to McDonalds. ¡¡¡¡¡¡MCDONALDS!!!!!!!! It´s like I never even left home! (it was like 100 pesos, but the food looks exactly like the picture!  And the fries hardly had any grease)

I thought it was going to be really weird being in the same ward as our Mission President- but it´s actually really fun!  His kids remind me of our family.  His 11 year old is crazy like Marissa!  His 14 year old is just like Dallen.  There is a daughter my age, and a son Nicole`s age out on a mission.  (he has another kid who is 16, who I guess could be like my cousin or something)

And, I got your letters from Thanksgiving!  And, when I have letters the Elders give them to me when I´m in the offices, not only at zone meetings- so it´s a lot faster!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!  (And tell Sonda I thought of her when I was eating my hamburger about the story from her mission with the rat- miss her tons!)

- Hermana Shumway
















No comments:

Post a Comment