Monday, March 9, 2015

Ask and ye shall receive

You can make your own (probably will be more spicy) bag of roulette doritos.  Sprinkle aji (chili powder?)  on select few chips from the bag.  Or all of them.  It´s really good. 
 
I learned how to make gnooci from scratch!

 My companion finally got her visa!  (And she´s going to finish her mission in less than a month- I´ve been told not to expect mine in the 1st year)

I think that Satan can control the weather here sometimes.  There´s a type of rain that is literally insufferable.   It´s CRAZY fine.  It´s like a super powerful mist, and even with an umbrella you get wet instantly.  SUPER wet.And, it  lasts all day.  

This week we´ve seen a lot of miracles with our street contacts. We have to talk to 20 people every day that we´ve never talked to.  One day we had only half an hour before missionary curfew,  and we had only contacted 10 people.  I made a joke to my companion and told her that we were going to encounter a group of 10 people and finish with enough time for our last lesson.  Ask and ye shall receive.  Literally 20 seconds after I said that, we ran into a big group of friends.  And there were exactly 10 of them.

One night we were walking back to our apartment and I felt like we should contact this girl that was sitting in the grass.  She told that she was atheist (which is really weird for an argentine)  and vegan (which is even weirder).  We asked her what she believed in and she went on about some energy that flows through everything and the cosmos and there is a father of everything, but she said that it was impossible to describe and put a name to.   We then explained to her that this idea has a name- God.  I felt like Ammon converting King Lamoni!  

Love you all!

Hermana Shumway





 My companion finally got her visa!  (And she´s going to finish her mission in less than a month- I´ve been told not to expect mine in the 1st year)
 It was international woman´s day and they actually celebrate in here!
I found an imagine of Jesus praying in outer space for my planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment