Monday, March 30, 2015

Because he lives

New video you guys need to watch: #BecauseHeLives 

The Womens conference was broadcast here at 9 o´clock at night so we didn´t have permission to watch it.  But we are going to watch it tomorrow morning!

You sent me photos!?  I LOVE YOU GUYS! The second they arrive I´ll know, the Elders in the offices are my district and we talk with them everyday!

Satan kinda killed our miracle. But I still have faith.  

We have an investigator that looking into the church about a week before I got here, so I´ve been teaching her my entire time in 3 Cerritos.  She has so much faith in Christ it´s crazy!  We´ve been helping her quit smoking (I made popcorn for her eveyday- and it´s really hard without a microwave!), and teaching her everything.  She´s been going to church with us for 2 months and the few times she hasn´t gone- she noticed that her week was really different!  

The only reason she´s not bautized is because she isn´t married to her 
"husband".  Which is basicaly a problem with everyone here- only the mormons are married!  It´s really hard to do all the paperwork.  You have to have a medical exam and get blood drawn, take a turn, wait forever, pay a lot of money.  It´s really frustrating, so a lot of people don´t do it.  It´s hard to divorce too!  So a lot of people are seperated but still live with their spouse, because they bought the house togather, and it´s too hard to divorce.  

Anyways, we taught her about the Law of Chastity.  A lot. In the beggining we tried to help them marry.  He is divorced from a different woman except his paperwork never went through. It was all really complicated.   And we asked her to pray and ask God if she should have her "husband"  be her eternal companion.  

We went to her house the other day, and she told us that she was going to leave her ´husband´ and quit smoking for good!  We were so excited.  I LOVE this investigator.  She´s like a mom to me here in Argentina!  

When we went back the next day things were different. And now it doesn´t look like she wants to be baptized, and she´s going to move super far away.  

I´m not bummed that she would be baptized in a different area, but we have no idea why she´s changed and forgotten her testimony.  I really hope that we can help her remember the way she felt in the church and when she read the Book of Mormon, and that she can prepare for baptism.  I want to see her in the celestial kingdom!!!!!!!

We had a really funny contact this week!  It was a grandpa.  He told us he that he knew our beliefs, that we believed in Moroni the archangel.  We told him that he was´t an archangel, and then he told us that he was the angel capo.  (Capo is like capable, but it´s slang.  It´s more like dope or legit.)  It was really funny.  He invited us to go back for tea time with him and his wife this week!

And then the rest of the week I felt the spirit, read scriptures, and drank a lot of mate.

I love you guys, 

Hermana Shumway

 When my companion is cold she turns Muslim



My companion is a babe.  She´ll probly get snatched up while I´m still in the mission

No comments:

Post a Comment