Monday, June 1, 2015

The Lord is watching out for us.

Everyone in Oran is crazy.  I love it!  The other day we were walking down the street and a crazy backpacker stopped us and told us that she was a member and that she has a brother serving a mission in Chile.  My companion touched her dreads- she was pretty neat.  Her and her homies juggle fire in the streets at night fto make money to get by. 

This week we visited all of the recent converts and less active members who don´t have the priesthood and motivated them all to talk to the branch president.  I love working with preisthood.  We want to be a ward.

This week we had a super miracle.  We didn´t have a lunch appointment with a member so we went to a tiny-tiny restaurant that a couple of inactive members own.  It cost 30 pesos a plate- but my companion only has 20 pesos- but I told her it was all good and that I would lend her the other 10.  We sat down and received more food than you could possibly imagine and it was SUPER delicious. They gave us soda, bread, treated us super well.   Then when it was time to pay I looked down and realized that I didn´t have my wallet.  We were really embarased and didn´t know how we were going to tell them that we would have to come back in an hour to pay them.  When we stood up to ask them (in vain) how much it was, they told us nothing.  That is was on the house.  We felt so bad but so good at the same time.  The Lord is watching out for us.

Some other really great stuff happened! And crazy stuff. But I´ll have to tell you guys in person, I lost 10 pounds in 1 week. We drank a lot of mate.  And I´m back to handwashing all my clothing.  And it´s winter and we don´t have hot water. BUT I¨M SUPER HAPPY.



We played futbol for P-day today

No comments:

Post a Comment