Monday, July 13, 2015

esta semana

This week probably the worst thing that could ever happen to a missionary happened to me.  I lost my voice.  And my companion is new, and I have to teach her everything, and we have have double the amount of study time that we have to do.  And I had to speak in a whisper the whole time and it was really funny because she had to do it to to feel comfortable and it made the Restoration feel like a giant secret.  I wasn´t supposed to talk a lot but I kind of had to, and we had a really spiritual lesson even though I recited the 1st vision with boy-going-through-puberty-voice, and they all accepted baptismal dates!
We went to lunch at the house of a member and we got to know our meal while it was still living, and before it was turned into chicken empanadas.
My companion is teaching me little bit of portugese. Even though it kinda freaks me out.

It´s kinda cool that me and my companion only communicate in a language that isn´t the first language of either of us.
We´re helping one of our investigators live the word of wisdom,even though he smokes, drinks, and does drugs.  AND HE¨S ABLE TO QUIT BECAUSE HE READS THE BOOK OF MORMON EVERYDAY! and he´s going to serve a mission.  And he already wants to give a talk in sacrament meeting.
I ate fish for the first time in a year.
I´m helping teach piano lessons even though I don´t know how to play piano.

We had a cultural event in the church for 9 de Julio (dia de independencia) and I have really sweet videos of the kids from the branch dancing folklores!
AND...... I love you guys. 
Hermana Shumway
.  
 
  they have the coke campaign here too!  But they didn´t have any of your names- just our dead dog´s.
 drinking mate after a long day.
  the cutest companion in the entire world

 A member gave us a giant bag of bread.  And we were a little happy about it
The Vampire Pharmacy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment