Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July in a country where it doesn´t matter....


Mi Hijita , Hermana Martins, is from Brazil!  So.... she didn´t know Spanish before she came out on her mission. But she´s learning crazy fast and she understands pretty much everything- it´s great!  She is so freaking cute.  She´s tiny, and dresses like a little European, hipster doll.  And she´s so sweet.  And she´s my first companion I´ve had younger than me literally. (years in real life)  And she has a freaking pet sheep!  I´m eternally grateful that God keeps blessing me with amazing companions.  

This week we were fasting to find someone to accept a baptismal date and go to church with us, because the whole first  half of the week I was in Salta picking us my companion, or on divisions with the other Hermanas.  So, no one was working in our area.  We were looking and looking for people to teach- but it was at the same time as the mundial final en soccer, and NO ONE wanted to talk with us.  We only had 3 lessons that night.  But, when I started losing hope a little bit, literally 20 minutes before we had to be back in the house we ran into Nehemías.  He told us that he´s been waiting for us to visit him again and had A TON of questions about the restoration and Jose Smith and the book of Mormon.  He accepted our invitation to be baptized, the 25 of July and went to church with us the next day.  He stayed the whole time.  It was fast Sunday and he went up AND BORE HIS TESTIMONY!!!!! about the night that we found him, and how to wants to grow closer to god.  He wants to direct the hymns, and help us visit other people, he´s amazing!!!!!!!

4th of July was kind of sad.  I just read 1 Nephi 13:15-19, 30 to my companion in English and listened to patriotic mo-tab.  

ALL OF THE APOSTLES ARE DYING!! First L. Tom Perry, and now Packard.... Do we have to wait until the next general conference to find out who are the new apostles?

Thank you for writing me, I really love hearing about everything- and it makes me feel better when I know that everything is alright and you guys are having spiritual experiences! I love you all so much! 

Hermana Shumway












No comments:

Post a Comment