Monday, August 3, 2015

La Expiación

I hit my year mark in the mission.  AND EVERY ONE BROUGHT ME STUFF!!!
Our lider misional brought us lomito. Which is a steak sandwich with a fried egg.  Street carts sell them on every corner.
And one of my compañeras de living area shared Reeses spread.  It was the first time I´ve eaten peanut butter in a year. 
And her compañera gave me earnings.

And mi hijita bought me ice cream, and left candy and cute notes everywhere

Missionary birthdays > real birthdays.
 
This week was really hard, but I´ve never had the sacrament be more spiritual than it was this week.  And I prayed, repented, and thought of the lyrics of I Stand All Amazed- I began to cry.  And every testimony that we listened to for the rest of the meeting had the spirit so strong.  I love the testimonies of the church members down here.  Basically every one is a convert, and KNOW that these things are true, and the difference that the gospel has made in their lives.  They testify of the doctrine- the Book of Mormon, Thomas S. Monson, Christ, Jose Smith, and never finish with out saying that they know this is the only true church.  I felt so peaceful leaving that meeting that I can´t even describe it. 
I´m eternally grateful for the opportunidad to use the Atonement.  I know that Christ lives, and loves us.  We can change everyday, and continue on in our quest to be perfect like him.  And when we have our Gethsemane´s we have to follow his example and pray. 
Don´t take for granted the sacred experience of the sacrament.   

Even though things are a little rough- we are all working so hard.  And if we can sustain 5 men as Elders and maintain our assistance these next few months- our branch is going to be a ward!
I love you all.  Wish you the best on trek.
Hermana Shumway





No comments:

Post a Comment