Monday, August 24, 2015

miracles

I only have 5 months left in my mission.  And three weeks left in my current area with mi hijita.  It kinda freaks me out.  And we are working super hard.

We made empanadas to help a less active member who is 17 years old and lives alone and makes a living off of selling food.  We helped him do empanadas for 4 hours.

We have an investigator that I can already imagine serving a mission who is super excited to be baptized and learn more about the gospel.  We started teaching his parents, and he always read the pamphlets that we left for his parents! And now we are teaching him and he´s going to church.  His dog is named Monson. But he doesn´t like it when we call his dog Tommy.

We had a really spiritual lunch and are going to help my mom and dad in Argentina get married after being together for 25 years!

AND...........

This week we had a huge miracle with Nehemías!

Nehemías is basically the investigator that we know like crazy.  And the whole branch.  And our district. And our Zone. I never prayed, fasted,  studied more for anyone in my entire life!

I´ve never, never met anyone like him- and I don´t think that I will meet anyone like him again in my life.  He´s our investigator that bore his testimony his first time that he went to church.  That already goes to missionary prep and institute.  That almost got baptized in 3 weeks!  (He also made me the funniest cootie catcher in the entire world that I´ll have to show you when I get back)

He´s been going through a lot of really, really hard personal and family struggles.  We were starting to loose a little bit of hope for him, because these last few weeks he´s completely lost his encouragement to be baptized.  We went to visit him this weekend and when we got to his house he had fallen big time, and was questioning if God even existed.  We talked for a long time, but nothing was reaching him- and we never felt so sad. It´s like he´s been in this deep hole his whole life- and just when he was about out- Satan pushed him back in and he wasn´t sure if he could get out again no matter how much he wanted to. Then he asked if i could pass him my scriptures for a moment and he opened up to a random page and read Moroni 7:33 "And Christ hath said: if ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me"  then he looked up and it was like his face had changed completely and he told us that he was going to be baptized next week.  

The next day he went to church, told which members that he wanted to give talks, and who he wanted to baptize him.  And during the sacrament meeting his earrings fell out and he couldn´t find them after! Miracle after miracle.  And he came with us to our meeting with the missionaries from our branch and branch missionary leader- and it wasn´t even awkward when we had to talk about our investigators- including him because he just makes a bunch of jokes and feels special.  He also offered to be in charge with 2 other Youth to throw the family home evening for the branch in the chapel next week! 

We really do live in a world of miracles.

Hermana Shumway



 Reading 2 nephi just got a little more bearable

we like juice

 We had a family home evening with a part member, recent converts, less active family!
 They drew in my planner and asked top wear my name tag


No comments:

Post a Comment