Monday, September 14, 2015

Chicken not neck.

We have transfers this sunday- and I´m pretty sure I´m going to be transferred.  So don´t be surprised if you don´t get a letter from me next week.                                                                                                                     

This week was kind of embarrassing because a member dropped off food for us and as we were thanking him he said "Es cuello, le gusta cuello?" (It´s neck, do you like neck?) It didn´t really catch me off guard, because I´ve eaten some weird cow parts but I just told him I didn´t know because I´ve never tried it! He then looked at me really, really confused and said "ok".

When we got in the house me companion looked at me really strange and told me "Pero comimos pollo siempre!" (but we eat chicken all the time!)  Turns out he said "pollo" (chicken) not "cuello" (neck) and now he thinks that I´m really weird.

This week we were buying something when the store owner asked if we knew his nephew. We didn´t recognize his name, but the store owner told us that it was alright- he would show us where his nephew lives after he rung us up- because his nephew really loves Mormons. So then he  took us to his nephew´s house.  And, he´s super rich and really likes Mormons and own´s a tennis club.  So, for P-Day we went and played tennis with him as a district and he gave us breakfast!  It was crazy fun.  He´s atheist but we had a really good talk with him.  

I love you all.  Until next week (or 2)


 The church that the branch here in Oran meets at.


 We bought matching skirts

 Tennis with Ricardo


All the bug repellent that I have personally used here in Oran (less than 4 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment