Monday, September 28, 2015

Everything that could happen has happened

This was the craziest week of my life basically.  

First off, I had my first companionship exchanges as an Hermana Leader!  but is was the easiest thing of my life because is was with my daughter in my old area.  And we saw miracles!  We´ve been teaching an amazing girl, Lucero, for the past 2 months that we found one day when  the spirit prompted me to talk to her!  She was actually supposed to be baptized the day before I was transferred but she had to go out of town unexpectedly.  I was in companionship exchanged the day of her baptismal interview in Oran- and it started to look like it wasn´t going to happen.  She was stuck in her house with her little brothers and had to watch them while her mom was gone.  So, me and my ex-companion asked the district president if he could go and do the interview in her house!  He was just finishing up a district meeting with his two counselors so they all decided to come. 

 When we almost got to the house, Lucero sent us a message and told us not to come because her mom had just gotten back- was angry and was taking her out.  We got there right when they were heading out the door.  It was late in the night, and she happens to live in the most dangerous part of Oran- and so I think it really scared the mom to see 3 men and 2 Sister missionaries approach them.  It was honestly the 1st time that I had ever seen the mom, because Lucero is 19 years old and the mom is always traveling.  When she asked us what we wanted I explained  that we were missionaries and that we were here to interview Lucero for her baptism the next day.  Then she kinda freaked out and told us that she had no idea that Lucero was going to be baptized, and a bunch of other stuff basically blaming the church for things that were happening in their family.

It was one of the most uncomfortable moments in my entire life.

Nobody said anything.  The District president and his counselors backed up and me and my ex-companion just looked at each other for a moment.  And just before I started to panic, I felt the spirit and the words just came to me.  I don´t know how I was able to talk but I did.  I explained, and testified- and in the end she told us that we could have the interview and baptize her daughter.

The whole interview we talked to the mom- and she opened up about everything in her family and her beliefs and she told us that she would start going to church to find out what her daughter is learning.

I never felt like such an instrument in the hands of God.  The district president  then called our mission president and asked if I could come back and go to Lucero´s baptism the next day!  We didn´t tell her that I was coming and it was a really neat surprise.

I was kinda sad that I got transferred so close to my old area but maybe some people in Oran still need me.

I also had a baptism of 9 year old Walter in my new area la colonia.  It was kinda crazy because the baptismal font/swimming pool thing had a hole in it so it was leaking water the whole time- but it was really spiritual.  

I'm pretty sure the new apostles are going to be more diverse too.  They changed our area presidency and everyone is talking that our old area president Elder Zaballos could be in the quorum of the 12. 

When we were looking for investigators to go to church Sunday morning- I looked down and saw a page of the book of mormon, a little bit burnt on the floor.  I picked it up and showed it to my companion (Hermana Franks de Koosharem, UT).  We then looked down the road and it was completely covered in slightly burned pages of the book of mormon.  I wanted to cry.  Some kids that were playing in the street started helping us collect all the pieces.  They could tell that it made us sad.


The work is really different here and that week we found our next baptism, but I´ll have to tell you about him nest week when there´s more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment