Monday, September 21, 2015

La Colonia Santa Rosa

I got transferred! And a new leadership position!

Saying goodbye to all of my converts was probably the hardest thing
that I´ve ever done.  Nehemias and I cried together, and Braian´s last
prayer made me cry.  My family in Argentina cried at our last meal
together.  It was one of the most depressing weekends of my entire
life.

And then when the elder called me en the noche- he told me that I was
only going to be transferred a little more than a half and hour away to
La Colonia Santa Rosa and our mission president called me and told me
that I was called as a sister training leader.  Which means that I
have to go on companionship exchanges with all of the hermanas in 2
zones! And teach in zone training for the 2 zones as well.  Which
means that I´m going to work with my daughter again, and be able to
visit everyone that I already said goodbye to!  We actually have
divisions with Oran this week.  My old companion isn´t going to tell
any one that I´m coming for the day, but I think that no one will
believe that I actually left.

La Colonia is even smaller than Oran.  And the internet is really bad,
so I won´t be able to send pictures.  There isn´t a grocery store. And
all the food is SUPER expensive. And I´m with my 1st companion that´s
north american.   And there are even more mosquitoes.  And the branch
is even smaller, there are like 30 active members.  And there are wild
ostriches in the fields that surround the village.  OSTRICHES.

Basically this is the biggest adventure that I´ve ever had in my entire life.

Apart from being a little bit sad, my last week in Oran was crazy fun.

I ate more steak in one night than I think I´ve had in my entire life,
because some members wanted  to teach us all the cuts and types of
asado.  And they don´t give little pieces.

We had a branch talent show and with the other Hermanas we dressed up
like elders and acted to the song Querido Juan (Dear John).  Everyone
died of laughter, especially the elders.  I´ll show you guys when I
get back.

In family home evening with the branch we let one of the jovenes choose what game we
were going to play and it was the best thing I have witnessed in my
entire life.  It begins with everyone sitting in a chair with their
eyes closed, but there´s someone with their eyes open who walks around
bothering everyone until they open their eyes, and then they help
with the bothering.  Some people wanted to win so bad that it didn´t
matter what happened to them they kept their eye´s closed!  We even
started bringing the people outside of the church and putting them close
to the street.  I have some really great pictures.  And my convert
won- capo.

Well, I´ll probably have better stories next week.  Until then!
Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment