Monday, April 6, 2015

Conference



Woah.  Marissa and Tinly are growing up!

Ha ha, I got the photos that you sent me!  And all the elders in the offices saw them......  They were really nice and didn´t tease me.  

My companion died (finished her mission) today.  My new companion es la Hermana Quiceno de Colombia.  And I´m now senior companion!  (but it´s kinda weird because we have the same amount of time in the mission field)

THE CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!  Except they didn´t give any talks to help members recognize their necessity to do mission work.  All the sessions on Saturday just made them excited to start families, and the Elders uncomfortable.  

This time I was able to watch the conference in the ¨Gringo Room" of the chapel in English.  So we did hear when they opposed.  We all laughed when Uchtdorf told them to talk with their stake presidents.  

For Easter they don´t really celebrate too much.  Each kid gets a couple of chocolate eggs, and they don´t eat meat all week for the sacred week.  (But they can still eat chicken and fish, because in Argentina they aren´t meat) And all the people who aren´t normally religious go to mass.

We´ve had so many miracles this week with members from the ward.  We had a inactive member who wanted his name erased from the church come, and he now want´s top keep coming back.  A different member who hasn´t been in years enjoy the words of the prophets. 

We also had an appointment with the families to animate them to invite their friends to the conference, and we practiced with them how they could do it.  We had one family call and invite a friend while we were teaching them!

The lord is blessing us immensely, and the work is going to skyrocket with their help!!

I love you all, 

Hermana Shumway 



 When we watched the womens conference and WENT TO BURGER KING AFTER!




 My companion and a convert that reminds me of Nicole
 My companion had to say goodbye to all the members 

 The crazy chicken eating  grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment