Monday, November 30, 2015

God loves us. He really, really loves us.

God loves us.  He really, really loves us.

This week I was in companionship exchanges with a Hermana that has been here for 3 weeks, and doesn´t know much Spanish.  We spent a good part of the days stopping and talking with people in the street.  As we were walking to an appointment, I felt that we should take a different path and we ran into a woman and her little child.

We contacted her like we would anyone and and as we were saying goodbye I got the strongest feeling that we should ask her if there was anything that we could do to help her.

Her sincerity really surprised me.

She looked a little frustrated and told me that she didn´t know.  That she honestly didn´t know but sometimes she just felt bad.

I pulled out a pamphlet and marked a few things for her and then looked her in the eyes and starting talking and testifying.  And as I told her how much God loved her- I became overwhelmed and almost started crying.  She had tears in her eyes, and As we said goodbye the second time she looked a little more at peace.

Still thinking about that moment makes me want to cry.  I could only feel a little part of what our Heavenly Father feels for her- and I can´t even imagine what would be the full effect.

Walking that stretch of road to our next appointment I began to think of our celestial family- and the individual importance that we all have.

This week we`ve been focusing a lot on teaching families.  I think I´ve wasted a lot of time of my mission focusing on salvation- when I should have been more interested in exaltation.  Salvation is personal, but exaltation is familiar.  

We´ve also been talking a lot about repentance in first-time visits- and it´s been really powerful.  Everyone needs to use the atonement a little bit more in their lives.

I also inhaled a mosquito.  It hurts a lot more that it sounds. 

I LOVE YOU.

This week I`m writing from the area of my district leader!! We spent p-day making tacos.  Greetings from Elder Morales ay Elder Romer. 
 Mi nueva compaƱera y mi distrito y zona

 Las hermanas de mis 3 zonas!


el abuelo with my hat

No comments:

Post a Comment