Monday, November 2, 2015

Rain, no power, Branch president missing.

I can´t believe that my E-mail didn´t get to you last week! I wrote to you but
the internet here is literally so bad!

Last weeks e-mail was AMAZING.  It was mostly just my testimony answering your
question. And telling the biggest miracle that has ever happened to
me.  The family Roque got baptized. Next week I will describe in
details because it deserves a long description and I have a lot on my
mind right now.  And my stomach hurts because when some one invites
you to an asado here they literally give you a steak bigger than a
triple combination.

This was probably the most difficult week I´ve ever had.  We didn´t
have to much time to work in our area the beginning of the week because
we had to go do splits with some other Hermanas and we were gone for 2
days.  When we got back everything was normal- we literally had to run
to get to get to the apartment on time because we had to check up on
everyone.  A couple of wild dogs tried to eat me, so we ended up being
late anyway.  But a really cute couple fought the dogs so the would stop attacking me.

About 5 minutes after we got in it started to rain.  Harder than I´ve
ever seen in my life.  And our house started flooding, and the power
went out.  And we couldn´t sleep because  were baling out the water
with the dim light of our phone until it died.  We had a HUGE avocado
tree that completely fell down.  Our little town was in shambles.  SO
many little wooden houses with tin sheet roofs fell apart.  It´s been
5 days since then and there are still people with out power. (I´m
completely fine, and there is power in our apartment!)

All of the members are alright, and we´ve never had more people in the
church.  50!!!

And, our branch president has disappeared.  And it looks like he won´t
be coming back.  There is only 1 other priesthood man who could take
his place but he already has 6 callings and said that he couldn´t do
it.  But... more on that later.

I also have a new companion.  La Hermana Maciel de Mexico.  My other
companion finished her mission.  My new companion finishes her mission
next month, so it looks like I´ll be finishing my mission here too!

I´ve been thinking a lot about extending my mission, but  when I
started praying about it I felt that I shouldn´t.  So I guess I´ll be
seeing you all in January.

I love you.  I´m praying for you.  I have a lot of photos to show when
I get back.  I´m super happy and I know that we are going to see even
more miracles this transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment