Monday, February 23, 2015

Trunchbul

I only got one water balloon thrown at me for Carnival!

This week was a little interesting.  In the beginning, I wasn´t missionary happy.  I was just normal happy.  But then we fasted and I´ve had some of the most spiritual experiences in my entire life.  

 We have an investigator who literally looks exactly like the Trunchbul (from Matilda), and she´s super tall!  She investigated the church years ago, and received an answer by the Spirit that this is the only true church.  But, still isn´t baptized.  We´ve been visiting her for a little bit but we still can´t get her to act upon her answer.  We had a member from the ward who is 14 years accompany us for our last visit.  The Member just moved here from Bolivia, with absolutely nothing.  They had everything in Bolivia, but gave it all up to move here for her little brother who has downs, because there weren´t programs in Bolivia for him.  She has one of the strongest testimonies I´ve heard in my life.  After she testified to our investigator of all of the blessings she's received by being faithful in the church she started crying, and told our investigator that she wanted her to be baptized.  The room was DEAD silent.  And the spirit was so strong that me and my companion´s eyes welled up with tears too.  We left her with a baptismal registry and told that we would follow up with her the next day.  

We also ran into a woman who is 100%  prepared and ready to hear more about the gospel.  She´s always been religious but quit going to church years ago when her husband died.  Her son is super rebellious.  She´s amazing.  Her dog is adorable.

Everything here is amazing.  I see little miracles every day, and I´m sooooo happy.  







Trunchbul

No comments:

Post a Comment