Monday, February 16, 2015

valentines day

 For Valentines Day the people here don't really do anything, but I bought some chocolate, some alfajores, a fruit tart and we ate junk food with the other Hermanas. 

Meals in Argentina are a little bit crazy.  We eat the main dish first, and then we have a bowl of soup, and then dessert is almost always fruit salad, or a whole fruit!  We never eat fruit with our other food.  They like the soup second because it fills in all the little spaces after you´ve eaten- and it helps your tummy digest all the food.  

This week was pretty normal, apart from it being the weekend of Satan!  It's Carnival.  Nobody wanted to go to church this week because they all wanted to party. It´s crazy.  It´s literally like an episode of Buffy the vampire slayer.  People take  pots and put raw meet and herbs in it and do stuff to try to summon demons.  And people assault one another with water balloon, flour, eggs- I´m a little bit afraid to leave and teach tonight!

I´m suuuper happy.  My companion is one of the funniest people I have ever met.  I feel the spirit everyday.  

I don´t have a ton a time today, but I´m glad things are going well with you guys!  
Keep going to church.  Be grateful to be in a super organized and strong ward. I'm not seeing a lot of that in Argentina. 

Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment