Tuesday, December 15, 2015

six weeks left.

I asked Courtney what transfers were like.  I knew her companion was going home so I wondered if she had to travel 7 hours back to the mission home with her.

HAhaha.  Well- your question has the most complicated answer. It´s always
different.  But I´ll tell how my transfers went today for example.

La Colonia Santa Rosa, is so special small and incurrupt that it doesn´t
have a bus terminal.  So we have to go to the bus terminal in a neighboring
 town to send my companion off and receive my new one.  It´s also ridiculously hard to leave
my area. Especially at really wierd hours of the day- and normaly they
don´t give us our itinerary until late Sunday night.

  So, we were bugging our zone leaders because we´re really good friends
the whole week that they had to tell us our schedule as soon as they found
out so that we could organize everything well, and actually be able to leave.

They didn´t.  They let us know late, late Sunday night.

We had to leave our apartment at 5;30 in the morning- and we didn´t have any
idea who we could ask to take us.  We called about every taxi driver that
we knew.  Nobody was available.  And to make things worse the 2 female
members who were going to wait with me untill my new companion arrived had
to bail out.  The other members that we could have asked don´t have
cell-phones.  It was 2 in the morning and we literally had run out of
options.

When finally, finally our district president offered to take us. And then
my sweet, sweet district leader called all the members in his area to see
if one of them could acompany me.  And when they couldn´t-  the elders
offered to wake up ridiculously early and wait with me! And, we only had to
make  a really long series of stressful phone calls.

My new companion traveled 9 hours by bus to get to me.  And her bus left 2
hours late so we just sweated (because it´s already ridiculously hot at 6
in the morning here), talked and waited for a really long time in the
terminal with my district leader and his mini misionero that`s from
one of my old areas.

I slept 3 hours.  I thought I would be dying by now, because my internal
clock has gotten really good (I wake up about 10 minutes before 7 everyday,
and my eyes start to hurt at 9:15 at night and I know that we have to start
heading home. )

But I actually feel amazing.  I don´t think that missionaries can feel the
same physical stress as a normal person.

It´s one of the worst things in the world watching someone end their
mission.  My companion LITERALLY gave everything she had her last day- but
it was a super spiritual act that would have to be told in person to do it
justice.

I honestly don´t feel like I´ll be finishing my mission  in a month especially
because MY NEW COMPANION WAS IN MY DISTRICT IN THE MTC!!!!!  I
feel like I´m just starting over.  I´m with my 2 companion that isn´t
latin. (she extended her mission- which is the bigest relief that we won´t
be finishing togather.  Our area doesn´t have a map.  It would be
impossible to learn if someone didn´t teach it to you.)

I kinda like transfers because there is something magical about spending
the whole week talking about everyone that exists in your area.  I really,
really, really love the Colonia.  I´ve never met such hardworking people
even thought they take a 5 hour nap eveyday.

I love my mission.

Sometimes I just want to cry because I´m so freaking happy, and because
it´s so freaking hot and humid every day that I don´t remember what it
feels like to be dry.
Love ya, Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment