Monday, January 18, 2016

Things I've learned

My mission President has a son who recently got back from his mission.
my mission presidents wife told me that in their son´s  last letter he only said “see you
soon”.  I thought it was pretty funny but I also thought that you
would kill me so I decided to go in another direction.

A lot of things have happened on my mission (and this week too):

Last Monday celebrating the marriage ceremony of Patricio and Mariela-
I learned how to machete old crates to make a bonfire to cook a
ridiculous amount of asado, and how to be a make-up artist with their
little kids for the after party. And this Saturday in his baptism I
was able to see the atonement work miracles and bless their family.

This week we also had the baptism of an hermana that wasn´t listed in
the churches records, and had been inactive for years.  We got to see
her remember the importance of the góspel and the love our Savior has
for her even when she feels alone.

I´ve seen people humble themselves to put God´s will before their own
.  A really great family that we are teaching didn´t go to church last
week- because they (and basically the whole town) didn´t have water
and didn´t want to go to church without showering.  When we told them that we
went anyways and testified of the Sabbath day and it's importance- they felt the spirit.
And this Sunday when there wasn´t wáter again they went anyways.

I´ve developed a love-hate relationship with mangos because we were
given a garbage bag full. And we keep receiving more every day.  (And
I've learned how to use a blender really well)

I learned how to speak Spanish.  And speak English a little bit worse.

I learned the importance of the sacrament, and how it can take away a
bad week and give us a fresh start.

I´ve learned how to smile for hours without having your face hurt.

I´ve learned the importance of health and safety codes.

I´ve seen people pull an Alma the younger, completely changing their
desires and actions and the light that it brings to their eyes.

I learned that the sister from Troll 2 is in a really cheesy New
Testament seminary video!

I´ve seen the góspel bring hope to families, and give them a reason to
keep pressing forward.

I´ve learned to love the scriptures.  They make me cry, sometimes
laugh, and help me to feel the love of our Lord.  I can honestly say
that I feel like I am that much closer to Him by reading His words.

I learned the importance of not just living the góspel for obedience,
but with real intent and a pure love for God.

I love my Savior, I know that He lives.

I know that I was sent here for a reason, and could feel it in every
visit, street contact, sacrament meeting, baptism, study time- every
single moment that I had the privilege to spend in Argentina.

I will never forget what I felt- or how I´ve grown.

I love you so much, and I hope that everything is well because
everything is perfect here.

No comments:

Post a Comment