Monday, January 11, 2016

two and a half weeks

This week I felt more like the Savior.  We learned a little bit of
carpintery!  We have an investigator that wants to be baptized but her
parents won´t give her permission.  So, we helped them with their
house expansion.  Then we taught them doctrine.  But they have some
sort of spirit repellent so…. We´re still working on that.

Mary had a Little lamb bécame a reality this week.  Sort of.  It was
actually Maria had a huge dog.  And instead of following her to school
it followed her to church and entered while we were taking the
sacrament.

We´ve been without wáter a good part of the week, and not being able
to shower I´ve actually had a little bit of free time!  I was able to
write a little bit in my journal.

I was in a small reunión with my misión president going over the
statistics from the last transfer in our zone- and my president made a
back to the future reference.  It was probably one of the most
subtlest, greatest things I´ve ever heard.

I´ve been fighting with bugs a lot lately.  I put on one of my skirts,
and a few moments later a palm sized spider crawled down my leg!  I´ve
swallowed 2 mosquitos, and one landed in my eye while we were talking
to a few people in the street and I felt like a pirate contacting thim
with my hand over my eye trying to act like nothing was happening
untill we said goodbye and my companion helped me get it out.  And
during a really spiritual lesson a couple of little bettles crawled
down the back, and front of my shirt.  It was a little bit hard to
concentrate after that- but we were able finish strong before we left
their house and removed them.  Those are only a couple of little
things that I´m not going to miss.

I had to give my last testimony a 3 times in different zone and
leadership trainings.  I thought maybe I´d start to feel sad and it
would hit me, but no.  I feel the same as always.  It´s great!

THIS MORNING WE WENT TO THE WEDDING CEREMONY OF PATRICIO Y
MARIELA!!!!!!  It was the best thing ever.  To see a happy family
starting their way to having an eternal family.
Even though it was one of the happiest moments- it was a little bit
sad because their family wasn´t there to support them.  Patricio made
a lot of really big mistakes in the past and almost lost his family a
few times.  His inlaws aren´t supporting thier decisión to be togather
and didn´t go to the wedding.

It´s really sad when people don´t trust in the atonement enough to
believe that people can change.  And it´s only that much harder when
the whole family isn´t working togather to help their loved one.  We
can´t deny the godly potential of everyone walking on the earth in
this moment.  People who need a reason, and the help to change.
I´m so grateful to have been able to see the atonement work MIRACLES
with people, especialy families.  Even when it´s really, really,
really hard and it doesn´t look like there is hope.
Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment